Fords Croft Cottages was established in by Andrew Irish who wanted to see if the farm could diversify by making the most of its beautiful buildings and location. The first property was Oak Tree Barn and the initial guests comments quickly made him realise it was going to be popular. The Old Workshop was next and Andrew and his brother were careful to enhance the original features of this impressive barn.
Both properties really have the ‘wow’ factor with double height ceilings framed by beautiful beams and contemporary open-plan living areas with mezzanine bedrooms that would be at home in any Grand Designs project. Then came Croft Cottage with its Inglenook fireplace, rolltop bath and beautiful cottage garden.
Fords Croft Farm has been owned by the Irish family since 1955 when Sturdee and Farnham Irish moved from Hinton st George where the family dates back for several more generations. Fords Croft Farm is also home to a rather special hill called ‘Castle Hill.’ Castle hill was the subject of a dig by Time Team and resulted in the discovery of a 13th century castle, guests are welcome to walk up this hill which is located at the top of the farm drive and take in the spectacular views.(please be aware that cattle may be grazing)